I needed a PSU to ease the tests of the various prototypes I'm working on and there's plenty of ATX PSU tutorials on the net, so why not make one ?
- Reuse an old ATX PSU I have in stock (recovered from an old computer)
- Have a direct (and strong) 5V connection
- Have a dedicated connection to provide the widest range of voltages, from 20V
- If possible, add a 12V and 3.3V direct connection
- Target a nice case (and a minimum WAF - woman acceptance factor) as it will stay on my desk
Still have to finish the variable output (based on a classic LM317), but the case came nice from the 3D printer. (The model will be published on Thingiverse when refined)
more on the insides later ...