Aller au contenu | Aller au menu | Aller à la recherche

mercredi 28 janvier 2015

DIY, yet functionnal and good looking Bench PSU (Power Supply Unit)

ongoing project

I needed a PSU to ease the tests of the various prototypes I'm working on and there's plenty of ATX PSU tutorials on the net, so why not make one ? :)

Requirements :

  • Reuse an old ATX PSU I have in stock (recovered from an old computer)
  • Have a direct (and strong) 5V connection
  • Have a dedicated connection to provide the widest range of voltages, from 20V
  • If possible, add a 12V and 3.3V direct connection
  • Target a nice case (and a minimum WAF - woman acceptance factor) as it will stay on my desk

Still have to finish the variable output (based on a classic LM317), but the case came nice from the 3D printer. (The model will be published on Thingiverse when refined)


more on the insides later ...

lundi 2 septembre 2013

FamilyCade - old school arcade at home

I always dreamt since I was a kid to have my own arcade cabinet ...

Years have passed and google introduced me to Project Mame ... As my children barely know what an arcade is and we really enjoy playing video games together, I started a cab that can be used by anyone in the family : that means easy to use, old console games as well as pure arcade ones and a design far from fighting games :)

So here it is, nearly finished

The buid is powered by an old Core2 Duo running Debian Sid, and using EmulationStation as a front-end (it was previously running a graphical python script using SDL to select games, but EmulationStation is really beautiful so I gladly switched :))

Now I am on my way of "pimping it", thus adding custom 3D printed pieces, i.e. dummy coin slots and various games symbols as decorations such as Super Mario stars, space invaders aso.
Hope it will inspire some guys to build their own : it's a bit work but it's really fun ! 

Here is the reference post, detailing construction steps on arcadecontrols forum

mercredi 2 janvier 2013

The Sarduinostat : an automated & web based heater controller / thermostat

this is an obsolete project : it has been supercede by a simpler, while with more functions pilight installation

Inspired by some nice (and well documented) projects found on the arduino forum, I finally managed to release my first version of the Sarduinostat (as you may have guessed, the project fits in a sardine / pilchard box)

Apart from being fully functionnal, the goal was to make it small enough to fit it in a sardine box (nicely painted by the way as it will be put on the wall) I used mainly semi built parts (i.e. including required caps & resitors) to keep the project simple (no soldering required) As it is my first real arduino project (and I am new to C), I suspect part of the code can be optimized / cleaned ...

Parts :

  • a sardine box
  • Arduino nano clone
  • DS18B20 temperature sensor
  • TM1638 based 8X Seven Segments Display
  • ENC28J60 based ethernet card
  • a server for some of the enhanced functionnalities (i.e. collectd monitoring, access to http services)

(less than 35€ if I did not make any mistake in calculations, all ordered from dx)

What it can already do

  • activate / deactivate the heater through a relay
  • multi-mode control : day, night, auto (program per 10 min step), off, force (force heating)
  • general status on a visible 8 x 7 segments display or simple web page
  • clear heating status through leds
  • manageable through panel buttons or through http services
  • dhcp / ntp enabled
  • interface to collectd / RRD for constant temperature monitoring

What it may do in the future

  • more (and cleaned) http services
  • allow to change program through a web page
  • manage a different program for each day of the week
  • more functions through the included web page (I need to free some memory)

It will also look nicer than on the pictures once painted and the cable fitted inside. 8)

Here is the Reference post on arduino forums

samedi 31 mars 2012

Building your own Guitar Cabinet

Some photos, details will come later

Here is the reference post 1 and reference post 2 in French ...

samedi 3 septembre 2011

Splitter un fichier audio à partir de son fichier cue

Il existe plusieurs techiques sous linux pour splitter un fichier audio (i.e. flac) à partir de son fichier cue. La plus universelle que j'aie trouvée (qui s'accomode par exemple de caractères bizarres dans les cuesheets) est de créer un fichier shell du type suivant :

cuebreakpoints *.cue | shnsplit -o flac *.$1 && cuetag *.cue split*.flac

et pour l'utiliser (en partant du principe que le fichier ".wv" à splitter et la cuesheet sont dans le même répertoire) :

~/ wv